This versatile balm is made for the most demanding conditions (think your longest rides or the wettest, hottest conditions). Our founder, Steve Mathews, originally made this product for himself to fill a need for longer distances, to be longer lasting than our creams so he didn't need to reapply as much, AND be easier to carry than an 8 oz tube of Butt'r.
Ultra is very different from our other Butt'r creams (and for some rides, that's a good thing!). We spent six years perfecting Ultra balm's formula to be thicker than our anti-chafe creams for advanced protection and longer lasting comfort. Basically, Ultra is made to be applied and stay where you put it. We worked to perfect this formula with a select group of experienced long distance and ultra endurance cyclists as well as everyday cyclists and bikepackers to ensure this balm was up to the test (Thanks to Phil Gaimon, Rebecca Rusch, Jay Petervary, Brooke Goudy, Charon Smith, Matt Acker, Eddie O'Dea, Alison Tetrick, Yuri Hauswald, Raequan Wilson, Amanda Nauman, Brian McCulloch, Taylor Lideen, Dave Sheek...)
- Solid balm, softens to touch
- One application lasts all day
- Made with natural ingredients
- Made for the most demanding anti-chafe needs, but protects any skin areas (great to cover healing skin!)
- No petroleum! Made with high quality natural ingredients like beeswax, coconut oil, shea butter, and peppermint oil
- No tingle! Natural peppermint oil smells great, but contains no skin tingle.
- Help us recycle! These 5 oz cans are made to be reused. The lid screws tight so you can stash your cash, zip ties, or snacks on trips or recycle to be repurposed.
- Apply directly to skin or chamois pad to protect skin and help prevent chafing.
- If the product is hard, use your fingers to warm it up
- Rub excess into skin
- Reapply as needed
- Reuse or recycle metal packaging
Never tested on animals. No harsh chemicals. No parabens, phthalates, petrolatum, or gluten. Recyclable packaging. Made in the USA.
Shop Ultra balm 5 oz can on Amazon.